09/20/2017 (Wed) 22:38:19 Id: 6c22d1
BASIC SECURITY TIPS UPDATED
(1) Don't use social media [Avoid Facebook/Myspace/Twitter/Snapchat/etc.] (no brainer)
(2) Forward secrecy (keep your mouth shut about any personal info if you don't want to expose yourself)
(3) Use a cheap private VPN (w/ no IP logging) and Tor browser!
(4) Always disconnect your internet (physically) when you are not going to use it! Make sure bluetooth and WiFi is physically disabled. Don't keep it online all the time! If you do, you are asking to be hacked!
(5) Use an old "flipper" phone. AKA a jitterbug. Cover up any camera if has one. Jitterbugs are basic cellphones for people with disability problems / senior citizens! Just a bare basic cell phone where you can take out the battery. Has no internet platform. Burner phones are decent too.
(6) Flock to flea markets, garage sales, thrift shops to buy older electronics! Do not by 'smart' or 'green' appliances! Learn how to maintain and fix older products/utilities too! All IoT (Internet of Things) tech can be used to spy on you, avoid IoT!
(7) Never put your real name or personal info into your computer, always use FAKE names / aliases. Tell your friends to just hang out with you face-to-face instead of using social media. Enjoy hanging out with friends and family, you'll have a better time than chatting online.
(8) Use cash whenever possible. Credit Card and other digital transactions can be tracked and directly linked to you. Cash can be tracked too, but it is much harder to do and takes a lot of effort and human resources.
(9) Always bleach you browser cache / cookies / web logs! 35x gutmann style! (Bleachbit, Ccleaner, etc.)
(10) No OS is safe. Just exclude as much personal information you can from your Operating System. Make sure its disconnected offline when not being used! Make sure bluetooth and WiFi is also physically disabled when not in use.
(11) Browser Security: Use Noscript add-on. Noscript is a must: make sure to block all global scripts, wipe the whitelist in Noscript and re-configure the whitelist that best fits your browser habits. IPFlood is also a useful add-on to obfuscate IP GET requests. You should use Random Agent Spoofer (or Blender) to spoof your browser & OS metadata while you surf the web, making it a lot harder to track your activity. Tin Foil is another great security addon.
(12) Its best to have two computers, rather than just one. For example, have one just for banking / legit LEGAL purposes. Have another one (completely separated) just for private or illegal activity. Make sure you don't put any personal info in the private computer.
(13) Use encryption and strong passwords! Write them down on a piece of paper or memorize them. DO NOT store passwords on a computer file. That is a big no-no! Try easy to remember long sentances for passwords, and combine all the words together. The more characters used, the harder it is for hackers to break the passwords.
(14) Have separate email accounts for each kind of activity (legal or not, don't matter).
(15) Make sure you physically disconnect your web cam or cover it up with black electrical tape. Most laptops these days come with web cams attached above or below the monitor. Make sure the camera cannot be used to identify you or spy on you in any way. (Yes, webcams can be hacked / remotely hijacked to spy on you!)
Message too long. Click
to view full text.