So, I'll stard adding support for lynxchan to the app because kohlchan.net has migrated to it recently.
I will post my progress in this thread.
I will also email the link to this thread to kohlchan author (Bernd) so that they could see the feedback.
For now, it seems to be working:https://catamphetamine.github.io/chanchan/?chan=kohlchan
The easiest way for me would be not reading API docs but rather looking at the API output.
The API response format seems to be ok, but there're a couple of issues:
1. `message` seems to be not calculated correctly in some cases.https://kohlchan.net/a/res/1501.html
"Get threads list" response for `a` board:
message: "Bernd↵<tinyboard hash>2314f7bf3c2aaee9cf470e0c49d3c508d2f63b04</tinyboard>"
2. I can see `signedRole: null` property (I guess it's the user's role like "administrator") on `posts` of a thread but I didn't see `signedRole` property on a thread itself or on a thread in a "/catalog.json" API response.
3. There seems to be no "the count of unique poster IP subnet hashes in the thread" stats (`unique_ips` for 4chan). Either the engine doesn't currently support it or `kohlchan` hasn't been configured for that feature yet.https://kohlchan.net/kohl/res/13096.html
"/catalog.json" response (doesn't have unique IPs count property):
markdown: "We switched to a different imageboard engine a few days ago.
<br>It's still early and a lot of things are subject to change. If you want to contribute to the frontend, check out:
message: "We switched to a different imageboard engine a few days ago.
↵It's still early and a lot of things are subject to change. If you want to contribute to the frontend, check out:
subject: "The next generation of Kohlchan 2"
"Get thread" API response also doesn't have "unique IPs count" property.
4. There're no thumbnail dimensions in the `files` array.
An example of a `files` array entry:
originalName: "AfD wählt sich versehentlich selbst aus Ausschuss.png"
5. Video attachments don't seem to have `duration`. I would suppose that's a non-trivial feature.
originalName: "Was auf KC wirklich geschah.mp4"
6. In `/catalog.json` API response there's no `creation` date property (only `lastBump`).
7. In `/catalog.json` API response there're no `files`, only `thumb` property.
8. What does `forceAnonymity: true` property on a thread mean? Does it mean that all comments left in the thread will be forced to not have their author name/role set?
9. Helmut: what's the difference between "redText" and "orangeText"? Why are there so many?