LynxChan, the best engine you will ever shitpost with.
Welcome to the live demo of LynxChan. This site is meant to let people explore
the engine and experiment it in an actual deploy with all its features
Why would I adopt LynxChan?
- A runtime 30x faster than PHP
- Flexibility for both chans with or without user-owned boards
- Disk space and bandwidth savings due to file deduplication
- Over 50 settings that allow you to customize the engine behavior
- A modular front-end that uses pure HTML templates, making visual
customization as easy as it gets
- A database that easily allows sysadmins to add more db servers to
- Memcache for files, reducing disk usage
- More features than any other available engine
- Specs completely documented
- Json api for every feature or data
- Improved anti-spam tools provided as first-party add-ons.
LynxChan uses Node.js as a runtime environment and Mongodb as a database. It is
meant to focus on high levels of concurrency and performance.
The templates used are nothing but pure HTML, reducing development overhead.
It also uses a modular approach to templates, allowing for ease of migration.
It is possible to change all the templates with a single setting in the server
I have noticed that many chans struggle with hosting costs. In my opinion,
that is a very real obstacle for hosting a chan. So I have developed an engine
from scratch that is meant to enable more people to host their chans.
I believe that chans are one of the last kind of sites where people still have
freedom of speech in the internet, away from centralized corporative control,
so I see the existence of chans as something important for the future of the
internet as a whole. Serious business.
This site is not meant to build a community, so any kind of content that might
cause issues with my host will be deleted and the user banned,
even if I agree with said content.
Sorry for that, but I just want to avoid any issues while I am just trying to
let people know about this project.
Maybe in the future I will put myself on the line for freedom of speech like
hotwheels did, but not today.
2. Provide every functionality through a json based RPC.
3. Support the most amount of users with the least hardware power.
4. Having a modular front-end so people can easily create and use different
This project uses the MIT license and respects your 4 software freedoms.
You can get the source code at
GitGud. The templates being used here are just
placeholders and can be found
You can find a roadmap of future and current development at
your css looks like web 1.0 garbo
your smug posts on 8ch are obnoxious as fuck
slanderous comment about your datastore eve >>/halp/330
For the record: replied on IRC.
It was because the incorrect node.js versio was being used. >>/halp/329
Why this is happening?
Error: Cannot find module 'bcrypt'
at Function.Module._resolveFilename (module.js:455:15)
Total posts: 3723
Total unique ips in the past 24 hours: 0
Total posts in the past hour: 0
Amount of boards: 53